HERB - soap with stuff in it

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 10:39:26 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/20/98 12:40:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at bright.net writes:

<<
 I don't know ANYTHING about soap making, but I'd love to learn.  >>

	Phlip, I only know modern soapmaking so far, but if that suits you (At least
as a start!), I've got a number of websites you can learn a lot from. I've
just started playing with this, since I decided to finally get around to
playing with soapmaking for Christmas presents. There's even a mailing list
that you can sign up on from one of these sites, assuming you have time for
*another* list! ;-) I'll probably have to drop it after Christmas,
myself........

 <A HREF="http://www.sugarplum.net/">Sugar Plum Sundries Hand Made Soap</A>
One of the best sites--recipes, directions, and a discussion forum that is a
great resource!
 <A HREF="www.soapguild.org">Soap Maker's Guild</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.the-sage.com/">Majestic Mountain Sage - Supplies for
Handmad...</A> They have a calculator to let you make up your own recipes,
giving the proper amount of lye to each type or blend of oils, plus one for
fragrances.
 <A HREF="http://waltonfeed.com/old/soaphome.html">The Soap Making Home Page
</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.esosoft.com/northcountry/">North Country Online
Mercantile</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.soapmaking.com">Ye Olde Soap Shoppe</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.crystalmountain.com/index2.htm">Crystal Mountain Oils &
Incense</A>
 <A HREF="http://candleandsoap.miningco.com/">Candle and Soap Making - Welcome
from The Min...</A>

	That should get you started......... Have fun! ;-)

			Ldy Diana, who would also love to find out more about period
soapmaking--*after* the Christmas rush!