HERB - bases for herbs

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Nov 20 11:15:16 PST 1998

I'm developing a class and documentation for a variety of salve,
ointment, and balm bases used for herbal prepartions throughout
our periods and prior to them. Various fats and oils appear to be
most common so far as my research takes me, but I've found reference
to feces (goose, in particular). Can anyone think of any other
kinds of bases I might be missing in addition to these?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jasmine
Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm, g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim