HERB - Re: Soda ash problem??

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Nov 24 06:52:32 PST 1998

Henri and Antea wrote:

> How do you take care of the soda ash that forms on the bars?  If you are
>giving them as gifts the ash makes the bars not quite as appealing.

The soda ash is natural, as you probably already know. I personally
don't get it that often on my soaps. I have yet to figure out why.
My current theory is that I superfat my soap enough that it just
doesn't happen. Most of the books that I've read on the subject
suggest that you really only need to do is scrape the soda ash off.

Jasmine