HERB - Re: Soda ash problem??

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 14:30:33 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/24/98 9:36:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, mikel at pdq.net
writes:

<<
  How do you take care of the soda ash that forms on the bars?  If you are
 giving them as gifts the ash makes the bars not quite as appealing.

	According to some of the folks on the soapmaking list, covering the top of
the soap with plastic wrap will prevent this. There were several other ideas
mentioned recently, but this is the only one I really remember. I've not paid
too much attention, since I plan to "Rebatch" or "Mill" my soap, adding
fragrances, etc., then, when I don't have to worry about the lye harming the
herbs and essential oils. Just cut the first batch I did this to today, in
fact--oatmeal spice; smells rather like cookies.......... ;-) Oooops, and I
need to go stir the batch that's in melting right now (I'm going to split it
and make a calendula batch and a lavender batch, I think.)! See ya'll

			Ldy Diana