HERB - soap and the Mappae Clavicula

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 10:49:19 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/30/98 9:52:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
g.walli at infoengine.com writes:

<<
 I actually spent a lot of time this weekend looking through the
 period references I recently got through interlibrary loan. While
 looking through Markham's "The English Housewife" (M.R. Best's edition)
 I found indications that additions to soap were made for soap done
 in the style of rebatched soap many of us make today. I had missed
 these recipes on a cursory glance through the book.  >>

	Wonderful! That's one of the many books on my "to get" list--do you happen to
know the details of the title, ISBN, etc? And does anyone know who might carry
it? I think I've seen it somewhere, but......... Memory-like-a-sieve strikes
again! ;-)

		Ldy Diana