HERB - First you take an egg.....

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Oct 2 12:11:12 PDT 1998

Hi folks,

I just screwed this up myself and Clare kindly corrected my mistake,
so I thought to write the list a little note, especially for people
new to e-mail list to help you out with the "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?"
panic that often ensues when you've not gotten your daily fix of
"Hortulus" or if the list just plain seems abnormally quiet.

At the risk of correcting the list adminstrator, the BEST way to
determine if you are on the list is not to send a "who" command
to the majordomo address. The information you receive when sending
a who command is often lengthy and tedious, listing every address
of every member on the list (there are exceptions).

The BEST way to find out if you're subscribed to a list would be
to send a "which" command. Here's an example, using my e-mail
address: