HERB - "Hortulus" - "Agrimony"

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Oct 8 15:20:45 PDT 1998

Here's a short installment of Strabo for today - Raisya

"XXII.  Agrimony

	And here in handsome rows you can see my agrimony.
It clothes all the fields with its profusion it grows
Wild in the woodland shade.  Much honor it has and many
Virtues - among them this:  if it's crushed and drunk
The draught will check the most violent stomach-ache.
	And if an enemy blade happens to wound us
We are recommended to try its aid; pounding
The shoots and putting them on the open place.
	If we remember to add to the dressing some sharp
Vinegar, our full strength will soon be restored."