HERB - What classes would you like to see?

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Wed Oct 14 14:18:04 PDT 1998

Grania wrote:
>How about cleaning and preparation of herbal compounds such as decoction,
>pulverization, making tinctures etc. There is always enough theory, not
>enough hands on in any topic.

That's an excellent suggestion! Perhaps also include information on
storage and the effect of light, moisture, foreign matter, etc.?

Another idea, somewhat related....ways in which herbs, spices,
and herbal preparations of varying kinds were stored. Pottery?
Glass? Fabric? Hanging in the rafters? Paper?

A third idea.....what about traveling? How did herbs get stored?
Was storage and transport different for the single, lone user? How
did it differ for the merchant trader? How did it differ by culture?
How did it differ for members of religious institutions?

I've got to remember to write these down.... :) Thanks for sparking
my imagination!

Jasmine
Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm, g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim