Hands on was Re: HERB - What classes would you like to see?

khkeeler kkeeler at unlinfo.unl.edu
Thu Oct 15 08:56:57 PDT 1998

> How about cleaning and preparation of herbal compounds such as decoction,
> pulverization, making tinctures etc.  There is always enough theory, not
> enough hands on in any topic.
> Grania

Long ago I tried a "what do we do with all this mint"--a hands-on class
of making tea, alcohol extracts, salves etc.--where part of the point
was what was involved in working with herbs.  It was a beginner class,
and I had a remarkably hard time getting people to do anything beyond
sit and listen. Have people done hands-on more successfully?

(Don't do it where they don't like leaf-bits on the floor, by the way.)

Agnes