HERB - culinary sciences

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Oct 22 09:54:02 PDT 1998

> What little I know of the RUM sessions in the Midrealm do not include
>any information on degrees you can possibly achieve. I'm rather sure >we
do nothing like that, but I'll happily be corrected by someone who
>has more information than I. :)

Contact the Chancellor of your University (or whatever the Head of the
thing is called) and they should be able to provide you with a booklet
explaining what sort of structure is in place.  It certainly varies from
place to place, but they should be able to tell you what is there.
If you want to attend Meridian Collegiums, I would be happy to work with
you to attain a Lector's degree.  (After achieving a basic Scholar's
Degree, of course). :)

>>It sounds like a good project for you to undertake (if you are
>willing),
>
>Egads. I think I'll try my hand at teaching a RUM session first. :)
>That seems more...more...familiar somehow. Less scary. I'd be
>deathly afraid of grabbing some Sumac and suddenly realizing I'd
>misidentified a plant (poison sumac being one of the harder ones
>for me to identify consistently).

That's why I suggested finding someone to lead one, that way you can
learn what's what, too.  That was the project I had in mind, not just
striking out on your own.  I have long wished I could find someone who
was willing and able to take me on a series of wild mushroom walks.  I
would love to be able to identify more than the roughly 3 species I know
now.  I would not be comfortable eating or using anything I found growing
wild just now.
	Christianna