HERB - FW: Elder flowers

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 2 06:57:04 PDT 1998

I froze the ones I got from my bushes as well.  I have also cut the heads,
placed their heads upside down in a paper bag, tied the cut end so it stuck
out of tthe bag and hung them to dry.  When the flowers dried they either
fell off or you could shake them lightly to fall off.  Normally I throw
them in a little plastic bag in the freezer.

You can make a lovely wine out of elder blow, very pleasant.  Cheesecakes
are good too, like Agnes suggested.   I also use elder flowers in various
skin things as well.

Clare