HERB - FW: Elder flowers

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Wed Sep 2 13:43:38 PDT 1998

On Wed, 02 Sep 1998 07:42:52 -0500 khkeeler <kkeeler at unlinfo.unl.edu>
writes:
>> Has anyone any ideas about preserving elder flowers?
>> Gunnric
>For use later in a wine and, even later, a cheesecake, I froze the
>elder flowers.  Worked fine.
>Agnes
Agnes,

Did the flowers turn dark after being frozen?  Did you take them off the
stems or leave them in clusters as for elder blow fritters?

Hertha

ps.   I'm new on this list & can't remember if I've posted before or
introduced myself.  I've been lurking & reading for several weeks now &
enjoying the discussions a lot.  I am Mistress Hertha Blair of
Froggestow, OL, OP, etc..., Canton of Aston Tor, Barony of Forgotten Sea,
Kingdom of Calontir, SCA.   In case anyone wonders,  my Laurel scroll
says 'for diverse botanical sciences and textile arts'.  (Modernly known
as  Roberta R. [Bert] Comstock, Independence, MO, Retired Biologist/Water
Resources Planner.)