HERB - Re: HERBS and Spices

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 11:35:12 PDT 1998

>My good fortune was to have my lord purchase some herbs and spices from
>the Pepperers Guild at Pennsic.
>
>My misfortune is that I don't know what they are exactly or what to do
>with them.  Can anybody clue me in.  The items are

>(snip)

>Ginger crystallized
>Grania

I have a couple of friends who eat crystallized ginger as candy. From
what I can pick up, it seems to be an oriental thing (the main person
I'm thinking of lived in Taiwan for a time.), but I could be wrong.
Personally, I don't care for it.

BTW, I have, on occasion, seen it chocolate covered.

Katerine (formerly Catriona) Rowley
mka
Mary Temple

Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra