HERB - Re: Your library (Was "Hortulus")

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Thu Sep 17 07:34:36 PDT 1998

Phlip wrote:
>I'm subscribed to the Herbalist list because of its relationship to
>cooking, so I don't have any primary sources on herbs.

I'm sure that's what many are on this list for as well. I have a
close relationship between herbs from a medical botany standpoint
and herbs for period cooking, scribal uses, and alchemy. Although
my library on plants and herbs is reasonably extensive, from a
period standpoint, it's not all that great. Most of my period
references, believe it or not, come from ONLINE sources.

Would anyone like a little bib of the primaries where I regularly
go online for information? Perhaps we can all add to it and
I can compile a list for anyone that would like to look for sources
online.

Jasmine

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim