HERB - HERB "Hortulus" - "Sage"

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 09:45:55 PDT 1998

>More, More! This one was great, I want to hear the other ones!
>	Christianna

Glad you enjoyed it <G>!  I loved the images of Winter and Spring too.  Since
there were a couple of requests for more of the "Hortulus" poems, I'll post a
few of them at random <G>.

"IV.  SAGE

	There in the very front glows sage, sweetly scented.
It deserves to grow green for ever, enjoying perpetual youth;
For it is rich in virtue and good to mix in a potion,
Of proven use for many a human ailment.
But within itself is the germ of civil war;
For unless the new growth is cut away, it turns
Savagely on its parent and chokes to death
The older stem in bitter jealousy."

If I have time, I may post another of the shorter ones later today.

Raisya