HERB - automated weather notification

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Sep 22 13:45:11 PDT 1998

It just occurred to me that other people might be interested
in e-mailed automated weather information (cf. my previous
post on preparing for winter). I actually receive this weather
notification at work (to help me prepare for drive time in the
winter), but it may be of some use for people who need to deal
with plants for their medieval collections.

If you have web access, point your browsers to
http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris/weather/awns.html and check out
Joe Morris's intro to his system. As he states, it's no
substitute for NOAA Weather Radio, but it might help some
people out who don't have access to the info anywhere else.

Jasmine "I can find a URL for anything" de Cordoba
jasmine at infoengine.com

PS: The reason this doesn't help me for my plants WRT frost/freeze
advisories is because I don't check my e-mail from home. For those
of you who can, though, this might be of use to you if you
don't mind the flurry (no pun intended) of e-mail you'll
receive if the weather gets truly nasty.