HERB - preparing for winter

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 22 14:48:26 PDT 1998

It's because I'm one of the world's worst typist and I even thought I proof
read it.

Thanks for checking it out and fixing it.... I promise to proof read a
little better next time.

Following the topic up there, down here in the fall is when we plant things
like dill, coriander, chervil (a favorite), and other of that ilk...  I
also plant a great many of my flowers ... larkspur, nigella (another lovely
flowering herb).  These sprout and over winter fairly well and almost
always cheer me up since they stay mostly green.  I also put in green
onions, shallots and parsley at the same time.    Some of my stuff,
infamous lemon balm which I secretly like goes dormant as well as the
comfrey (which I think the Heat got this year)

Wonders of wonders, I was loking at this bed I had to sacrifice of German
Iris, and one salad burnet and I noticed that the salad burnet was coming
back.  It must have only been watered throughout the entire summer only
twice.  I was really impressed with it's tenacity.

Clare
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra