HERB - Teaching a class at PW 28

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Apr 9 09:49:51 PDT 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 RAISYA, soon to be Laurel, scribes:
>Mistress Christianna,
>
>I should be at Pennsic, and I'm already considering teaching at least
>one class on the Carolingian garden, and possiby a second class.  I'm
>still looking through my material and trying to decide.  Would there be
>interest in a class on A&S display for garden and herb projects?  Or
>maybe the 16th century English garden?  Would anyone like to see >either
of those?  Or is there some gardening topic people want to see?

>Raisya

I would like to see the 16th Century English Garden Class.  I would also
be interested in a class that deals with Period Plants, "Heirloom" plants
that we can get today (I'm thinking of roses here, but also about other
specific varieties that are available for planting in the US.  We had a
long discussion about Lavender varieties, not to long ago, IIRC).   I
don't mean just covering what plants are period, but getting specific
with plant cataloges and field guides for the person interested in
planting this stuff at home.  I think the info about A&S entries is
valuable, but I would incorporate it into your class, rather than make a
whole class out of it.  (My humble opinion, anyway).
Christianna