HERB - gardens, etc. and 5 favorites

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 30 12:15:59 PDT 1999

>BTW, I've got an odd little book that someone gave me called TRAVELER'S JOY,
>by Juliette de Bairacli Levy, that I've never heard anyone mention.  She
>seems to have based her life on the Gypsies and other nomads, and covers
>things like how to fumigate a hut with herbs, woody herbs that can be burned
>as fuel, herbs in cooking, as well as medicinal herbs.  I know very little
>about most of what she covers, anyone want to comment on its accuracy?
 	I've had another book by her whose title escapes me.  I have found
her work to be extremely helpful, logical and sensible.  She traveled with
gypsies and also seems to have started do herbal healing with animals. (She
had a lot about healing goats (grin).   She seemed reliable in that book so
I would assume this one is as well.
	I have a fascination with the Rom, so some time, I'd like to look
at it.

Regards,

Clare