HERB - Fennel candy--LONG!

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 21:00:12 PDT 1999

In a message dated 08/08/1999 9:01:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RAISYA at aol.com writes:

<<
 Wow, thanks!  This is exactly what I was looking for!  I've fallen in love
 with these, guess now I'll have to try growing some to candy.  I've already
 have a couple of ginger plants in progress...

 Raisya >>

    No problem--and they are tasty, aren't they? Our one and only Indian
restaurant has them in a bowl by the cash register, and I've found them in
one of the Middle Eastern shops, too. And by all means grow some fennel--it's
quite easy. Be aware that it's also quite tall, though! ;-) Plant it where
that works well. Here in Tennessee, I kept one plant for several years, and
it stayed green (Well, sort of--it was a Bronze fennel plant! ;-) ) pretty
much all winter. Need to get more started--I miss having the fronds to snip
at will.
    But don't wait on a crop of your own to try the recipes! I don't have any
trouble buying fennel seed in the stores and herb shops around here, but if
you do, try mail ordering it. Sirene Spicers, mentioned by another lady
(Lucky you, to live near them! Nice gentleman, too--he's also on the Cook's
list.) is a great source. Their website is at:    <A
HREF="http://www.silk.net/sirene/">Francesco Sirene, Spicer</A> Have fun
browsing........ ;-)

                    Ldy Diana
             Vulpine Reach, Meridies