HERB - No Salt

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Sun Aug 15 13:35:45 PDT 1999

Since my wife has a profound heart defect we have to watch religiously the labels
on many products.  Stay away from Tex-Mex.  We found an enchilada dinner with over
2 grams of salt per serving.  Needless to say read all products carefully.  If you
are really watching your sodium, try a trick given to us at a nutritional
counselor,  use some wine as a liquid when you cook.  It seems to stem the desires
for sodium.  Works for me.  Since my wife was forced into early retirement, because
of the condition, we mix all of our own salt free spice/herb blends.  After being
salt free for many years now, foods really taste better.  I find that salt only
seems to dull the tongue.  She likes spices so much now she has a booth at a trade
market and a web page http://www.hypercon.com/naturalhome .

Henri
Ansteorra, Stargate