HERB - Wemon Cycle issues

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at midtown.net
Sun Aug 22 11:32:55 PDT 1999

Moonshadow wrote:

> Dear Christiana,
>
>  My favorite book is "Herbal Healing for Women" by
> Rosemary Gladstar.  She has great ideas and recipes
> that will take you from beginning to be a woman to
> the ending of the mensies.  She helped me with ideas
> for my daughter....like the moon party we had to
> celebrate her coming of age.  As a precautionary I
> always cross reference, Culpepper's.
>
>  ISBN: 0-671-76767-4  Herbal Healing for Women
>
>  Good Reading! Dorothy

My first response was to go grab Rosemary Gladstar Stlick's booklet
"Herbs for Women's Health".  Seems we think the same.  The ordering info
int the back says to write to :
Rosemar Gladstar Slick
PO Box 420
E. Barre, VT 05649.
The cost listed is $5 for each title in the "Healing Ways" sereies +$1
shipping, but I've had my copy for years, so the prices might not be
accurate anymore.

Incidentally, the hormone balancers she recomments are:Wild Yam,
licorice, Vitex (aka chasteberry, aka monksberry) and Dong Quai.  All
things I've heard recommended here.  While I've never had trouble going
off the pill, Vitex helped a good friend of mine get back to normal
afterwards

Good luck, Dorothy.