HERB - Post pennsic

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Mon Aug 23 20:04:27 PDT 1999

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:23:40 EDT RAISYA at aol.com writes:
>Well, I missed the safe trip home by two steps.  Literally.  Fell on
>my way into the house and gashed open my knee.  I now have 9 external
>stitches, and my husband says they took 5 or 6 internal stitches.  So,
>anyone have suggestions of what I can use after the stitches have come
>out to help prevent scarring?
>
>Raisya

Glad you had a good time at pennsic.  Sorry about your accident.

The best thing I know to reduce scarring is vitamin e.  Take a gelcap
from the vitamin bottle and poke it with a needle.  Then squeeze the oil
out onto the suture line.  You don't have to wait for the stitches to
come out.  The sooner you start this the better.  It also works on minor
abrasions and chapped skin.

It was recommended to me by the orthopedic surgeeon who did my carpal
tunnel surgery.  It really does help!

Hertha