HERB - Question?

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Mon Aug 30 11:57:14 PDT 1999

We've had a bumper crop of yellow tomatoes.  The plants look awful, but
they just keep prodicing - faster than we can eat them.  I think we've
given away over a bushel  - from only 6 plants.  Most folks around here
aren't getting much from their tomatoes.   I threw about 2 wheelbarrow
loads of lemon balm on the compost heap a couple of weeks ago.  It's been
trying to take over the entire yard, including the other herb beds, the
flower beds and my shade garden.  Still have plenty to use.  Lots of sage
and oregano.  My soapwort has done well this season too.

I also cut down a volunteer bush honeysuckle and a lot of volunteer rose
of sharon to use in basketmaking.

Hertha