HERB - Question?

NIKI ARMANASCO NARMANAS at legalaid.qld.gov.au
Mon Aug 30 19:12:54 PDT 1999

I live in the Barony of River Haven, Lochac (Brisbane, Australia) and Spring begins on Wednesday.  Even during Winter it is normally possible to have a fruitfull garden happening as we have sub-tropical weather here.

I am looking forward to having a thriving vegetable garden again.  I was in charge of getting rid of hay bales (about 20) that were used at a recent medieval fayre in Brisbane and so I now have many square meters of raised beds to plant in :)

I am looking forward to moving from a container garden to raised bed gardens.  Its been a few years since I have been willing to plant out into garden beds due to the fact that I was forced to leave a garden behind, a few years ago, that I had put a great deal of effort into and it scared me off putting anything into the ground for quite some time.

Currently Growing and Using:

Herbs:
Basil (the winter one is flowering like crazy and the summer one didn't die so I am hoping it picks up again soon)
Chives
Shallots
Lemon Balm
Winter Savoury
Rosemary
Sage
Parsley (two types)
Mexican Tarragon
Lemon Grass
Thyme (two types orange peel (creeper) and wooded)
Oregano (golden and normal)
Pennyroyal
Mint (apple, normal, peppermint and chocolate)
Sorrel
Heartsease
Wormwood
Tansy
Aloe Vera (dozens and dozens of plants)
Nasturtiums (1 gifted to me from a friend and more sprouting)

Flowers:
Daffodils
Snapdragons
Heartsease
Rose scented Geranium

Vegetables (* have just started sprouting from seed):
Silverbeet (3 plants that have travelled with me through 3 changes of houses and a few years and they still produce tasty leaves)
Tomatoes (two types roma and *yellow)
Beans (napoleon I think)
Broccoli
Cos Lettuce
Corn (two types)
*Spinach (English Medania)
*Pak Choi
Celery
Potatoes

If there is anyone else on this list from Brisbane (yes that includes you Mari) that would like anything I have growing I am more than happy to oblige them.  I have multiples of most every plant except for the winter basil and the wooded thyme and I can always take some cuttings of them.

Yours

Morna of River Haven

>>> <RAISYA at aol.com> 08/31 12:24 am >>>
So, is anyone harvesting from the garden?  Successes?  Failures?  Funny
stories?

Raisya (eagerly awaiting the fall weather to start gardening again)