HERB - tallow making

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Dec 7 05:23:46 PST 1999

>According to the lye calculator on the Toiletries Library
>(http://www.esosoft.com/thelibrary/index.htm), the sap value for deer tallow
>is 0.1379.

Good grief, I can't *believe* I forgot to check the Toiletries
Library. I looked at the-sage, but didn't see it there. Thank you
Lady Diana.

>you can just let it make the calculations for you--a
>great boon for math-impared folks like me! ;-)

Nope, tis alright. I may be horrible at simple math (ask anyone
I know) but I can do the soap calculations for some reason. I'd
really like to do soap over an open fire next year sometime.
Do we have period butchering manuals that detail rendering at
all? Again we're probably dangerously close to off-topic
commentary here, but as the making of soap is a precursor to
wonderful herbal things like molded soap balls with herbs then
I don't feel so badly about it.

Thanks again for looking for me!

Jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com