HERB - tallow making

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 23:11:28 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/6/99 10:25:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gwalli at infoengine.com writes:

<< What would really
 help me out is if anyone had the saponification value for deer fat.
 I can't seem to find it any of my books...though I am missing one
 key book somewhere and I suspect it's in that...

 jasmine >>
    According to the lye calculator on the Toiletries Library
(http://www.esosoft.com/thelibrary/index.htm), the sap value for deer tallow
is 0.1379. I could swear I've seen it listed in another chart or two, but
this is the one I found first in checking my links. Of course, since it's in
the program already, you can just let it make the calculations for you--a
great boon for math-impared folks like me! ;-)

                Ldy Diana, who really must get her lavender soap balls
smoothed out so they can dry before they have to be mailed out!