HERB - Herbal Soap Scents

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Sat Dec 11 00:03:19 PST 1999

At 12:47 AM 12/11/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>>Of the "exotic" amimal fats, I have only used goose fat and it was a
>>wonderful soap.  Made from the goose fat collected from a large feast
>>and given to the B&B for largess.  Great fun!  I colored it with
>>sandlewood and scented it with patchoui.  It was wonderful.
>
>Just out of curiousity, did you use patchouli essential oil, or parts of
>the plant itself, or some other method?  I came across some
>not-too-bad-IMHO patchouli candles tonight, and after being introduced to
>the actual plant itself (which I like a *lot* better then derived
>scents), I got curious.
>
>- Caro (Carowyn Silveroak / Meredith Harmon)

I used essential oil.  I grow the plant.  I have seen that there is a
synthetic version.  The essential oil gets darker, thicker, and richer as
it ages.  The plant is very tender to frost - I lost my first one in the
window sill during a cold night.

I grew up a part of the hippie generation.  I am not real fond of patchouli
in excess, but it never fails to bring back memories of wilder and more
innocent times.  ;-)

Leonora

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.