HERB - Herbal Soap Scents

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:37:36 PST 1999

The longer the soap sits in the mold, the more we also think it's the canola
oil and not the lavender EO. We've been pouring off the oil that's coming up
to the top of the mold, and it's easily been three times as much oil as the
lavender oil we added. We went back and checked, and it was the first mold
poured after we tried to remove some of the oil from the batch. Can you say
"SUPER fatted"?

The places we checked all mentioned fragrance oils being being much more
likely to seize a batch of soap than essential oils, and so they recommended
not using frangrance oils. I think I can get the web site address of one of
them when I get home.

Lady Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka