HERB - Herbal Soap Scents

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Dec 13 13:45:05 PST 1999

Lady Katerine Rowley kindly wrote:

>The places we checked all mentioned fragrance oils being being much
>more likely to seize a batch of soap than essential oils, and so
>they recommended not using frangrance oils. I think I can get the
>web site address of one of them when I get home.

So then they are correct in say that fragrance oils are more
likely to see your soap, but I strongly disagree with their
assessement not to use them at all. There are simply some
fragrances you can't get in essential oils. I think a good
supplier and some trial and error with test batches (the
one bar sized batches to test colorants and additives)
should be more than enough to determine the quality of
a fragrance oil in a soap batch. To each their own, however!
If fragrance oils you have access to only seize your soap,
then by all means, use essential oils instead. Always use
what works best for you!

Jasmine
iasmine de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com