HERB - Mold on canvas

John+Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Tue Dec 14 14:53:21 PST 1999

This isn't herbal but I am sure it is period.  Sun light kills mold.  put up
you pavilion in the sun.  The stronger the sun and the drier the canvas the
better.  Also, when you must break camp in wet conditions pack the pavilion
loosely.   When you get home set it up again as soon as possible.  And allow
it to dry.
if the weather is uncooperative leave it up.  Eventually it will have to dry
out.  Never never put it in storage without being bone dry.  Also keep it
meticulously clean.  That means sweeping in very clean before packing and do
everything you can to keep it that way while in use.

To remove mold this time of year I suggest a weak solution of Clorox and
water part Clorox to 10 parts water.  (Sorry period is not always best)
Warning Clorox will weaken cotton canvas.  You may therefore wish to
purchases a product specific for mold removal that is less stressing to
cotton.
There are products out there, or you could take it to a professional
dry-cleaning service and ask them to remove it.
You may end up with a mold stain but if you did a good job killing it
(you'll know) it will only be a stain.  What ever method you use.  Let it
dry thoroughly before packing for storage, or you will defeat your efforts.
Lynette