HERB - possible virus warning related to mail on this list

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Dec 17 13:31:58 PST 1999

Oops, I wasn't clear on that one. The message that I recieved from the
list seemed to include some kind of animation program along a message very
similar to the one described as associated with the virus that is
described on the page whose link I included. The link isn't the thing I
was worried about, the virus descibed there was the one it was worried
about.

We've noticed (the helpdesk where I work) that the virus tends to mutate,
picking subject headings from existing messages on the infected machines.
So, just be cautious about opening animation files sent to you ;)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net