HERB - posted pictures

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Mon Dec 27 17:48:31 PST 1999

Okay,  I am very jealous.  How do you post such a great picture and just
have it available at a click?

I would love to post some pictures of the new puppies and chickens to my
families!

BTW,  my very highly colored chickens are molting - it looks like they are
having a pillow fight every time I open the coop.  If you are interested in
all sorts of different feather - in the handful or so - send me a SASE and
I will mail you some.  I found a great peachy sort of colored one today
with white fluff at the bottom.  Most of them are the little fluffy
feathers - nothing good for pens.  My address is below.

Leonora

About your question, I don't know about Europe - Agnes?  But these are the
ones used in Colonial America.  All parts of the cattail are useful - most
are tasty.  The reeds make baskets.  I have always wanted to wade out and
get the young tails.  They are supposed to boil up and eat like sweet corn.
 The little sprouts are supposed to be good like asparagus.  I haven't
tried the taper either, just read about it.

At 09:14 PM 12/27/99 -0400, you wrote:
>http://members.xoom.com/wendysweb/cattail.jpg
>  This is a cattail swamp out back.  Are these the same plants that in
>Europe they made tapers out of?
>  A taper being plant materal (In side pith? )soaked in cooking grease.
>Dryed then put in a taper holder.  Lite like a candle?
>Sheepstealer

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.