HERB - posted pictures

dwilson dwilson at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Dec 28 07:09:27 PST 1999

> Okay,  I am very jealous.  How do you post such a great picture and just
> have it available at a click?

Search the web for free web space, there ia a lot of it.  FTP your picture
to the site.  Look at the picture in your web browser.  Copy the adress URL.
Paste it in a E-Mail and send.  Modern E-Mail programs show the URL as a
difrent color from the rest of the text.
   Do not send the picture direct.  I once sent a pic of my self taken on 12
nite to the shire mailing list by acident.  Went to 50 people i got in
trouble with the server guy that suported the list at that time.  :-(

> I would love to post some pictures of the new puppies and chickens to my
> families!

  My sister in law loves this :-)  I do this all the time.  The thing is
having a camera.  Some are as cheep as a 35 Mill but still a lot of money.
Any one ever see how a cheep barbie digital works?
  Another trick I have done with jewelery is to wait a week after newyears
and go to the Sony Store.  It will be slow after Christmass.  They may take
some pics for you with a Mavica.  This camera uses flopy disks and you can
walk away with the pictures on a flopy disk.  Use new disks be polite.

> About your question, I don't know about Europe - Agnes?  But these are the
> ones used in Colonial America.  All parts of the cattail are useful - most
> are tasty.  The reeds make baskets.  I have always wanted to wade out and
> get the young tails.  They are supposed to boil up and eat like sweet
corn.
>  The little sprouts are supposed to be good like asparagus.  I haven't
> tried the taper either, just read about it.

Have eaten the roots boiled when I was in the boy scouts.  Remember them as
yuck.  Long ago tho.

> At 09:14 PM 12/27/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >http://members.xoom.com/wendysweb/cattail.jpg
> >  This is a cattail swamp out back.  Are these the same plants that in
> >Europe they made tapers out of?
> >  A taper being plant materal (In side pith? )soaked in cooking grease.
> >Dryed then put in a taper holder.  Lite like a candle?

Working with out a spell checker
Sheepstealer