HERB - Hungary water? and Pomanders

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Feb 3 07:47:13 PST 1999

In a local A&S competition this past weekend, I entered my Hungary Water
redaction, my pomanders, and my tummy (anti-gas) cordial. I wasn't really
satisfied with my documentation, but at least the cordial just required
better written-up documentation.

However, I simply don't have any older recipes for Hungary Water. There's
one in Sophie Knab's _Polish Herbs..._ and another in _Perfumes, Splashes
and Colognes_ but they are modern. Anyone have any clues to a better one?

And I'm going to write that article on Pomanders, if only because of the
comments on the pomander entries by the judges. For one thing, they read
'laudanum' for 'labdanum' (!); and went on to comment about the non-period
ingredient, oil of lavender (which I used for 'oyle of spike')... *giggle*

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental; HERMS Cyclonus), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"Healing the universe is an inside job."