LrdRas@aol.com: Re: SC - Fw: Re: HERB - Feverfew & bitter tonics-OOP

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Feb 9 21:46:21 PST 1999

From: LrdRas at aol.com
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: Re: SC - Fw: Re: HERB - Feverfew & bitter tonics-OOP
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:41:29 EST

mermayde at juno.com
writes:

<< How
 about brand names like Angostora Bitters and Swedish Bitters?  (My guess
 on Angostora is either the bar it was created in, or the charlatan that
 sold it as a cure-all tonic.  What do you think?)
 Christianna >>

Angostura bitters was created by a respected physician as a stomachic for
which purpose it is still very useful.. I am not familiar with Swedish
Bitters. On a side note , Jagermeister, when used  appropriately (e.g. 1
tsp
per dose) after a meal which leaves you feels bloated works wonders. :-)
Many
of the liqueurs we currentl;y 'drink' for recreation are based on solid
medical usage. ;-)

Ras