HERB - Ylang Ylang

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri Feb 12 08:27:45 PST 1999

Melandra wrote:
>What is Ylang Ylang, (cananga odorata) and what is it good for?  I bought
>some Ylang Ylang oil, thinking that I had a recipie that I wanted to try
>that called for it.  I can't find the recipie, nor any mention of it in my
>books, at least, so far.

I've used it in combination with sandlwood essence as a scent for CP
soap. Personally, and this is really only me, I find the Ylang Ylang
scent nauseating on its own. Its smell seems just far too sweet
for my temperment. But combined with sandlwood it tones itself right
down and smells wonderful. YMMV.

Jasmine, jasmine at infoengine.com