HERB - Horehound cough syrups

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Thu Jan 28 09:11:46 PST 1999

I always say that horehound is "as bitter as unrequited love."  The way
that I take my syrup is in a cup of hot water.  When I am sick and coughy,
it really tastes wonderful!!

I have one client who would drink my syrup as a cordial.  I think he is
wierd and tell him so, but I have seen him upend the bottle, take a swig of
it, and smack his lips!

As my ole dad says: it takes all kinds to make the world go around  ;-)

At 09:42 AM 1/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Mistress Christianna wrote:
>>>Horehound Cough Syrup
>>
>>	This sounds disgusting, like most Horehound recipies I've seen :P
>> It would be great, without the Horehound!
>
>I just had to chuckle over this. Horehound tastes like crap.
>Lets at least be honest about that. But you know what I've
>receive the most thankyou's on for Christmas presents that
>I sent out this year?
>
>The Horhound-Thyme-LemonBalm Cough Syrup.

The lemon balm is a good idea!  Studies have shown it to be anti-viral and
what a wonderful time to have that.  I think I will brew up a batch of my
syrup and throw in some Lemon Balm!!

>Literally EVERY single person that received it has said that it's
>the best thing they've ever used. While I'm a little skeptical
>that it's THAT good, it gives me great comfort to know that (1) the
>people are using it and doing so before using a commercial brand,
>and (2) they're using is repeatedly (and asking for the recipe).
>
>jasmine
>jasmine at infoengine.com

Good for you!  Doesn't it feel wonderful when people actually use your
"potions and nostrums" and can see that they feel better.

Did you post your recipe for us?  Would you!?

Baroness Leonora
  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.