HERB - SC: essential oil production

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Jan 28 14:29:28 PST 1999

At 5:37 PM -0500 1/28/99, Mike and Pat Luco wrote:
>Does anyone know the % by weight of essential oils in some other
>plants?  My mint is just beginning to poke its head out and I would like
>to try
>this later when I can get a good handful.

I think Christopher Hobbs has a book on making herbal
preparations. I'm guessing on the author and the name
right now without my notebook here at work, but this is
the first information that came into my head. The book
was small, barely deserving of its price, but there was
a table of stuff I photocopied out of the back of it
that listed a wide variety of plants and the best
methods for extraction of the essential oils. I *think*
this is what you're looking for, but without the table
in front of me, I can't be sure. I can look for it tonight
if you'd like and give you more details.

Jasmine, jasmine at infoengine.com