HERB - Re: Herbal Cold & Flu Care

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Thu Jan 28 16:15:15 PST 1999

Contraindications and Drug Interactions" -

Comfrey:

Contraindications:

1) Internal Use due to its hepatotoxic effects and carcinogenic activity
of its pyrrolizidin alkaloids.
2) on broken skin to avoid excessive percutaneous absorption of toxic
alkaloids.

In plain English, Comfrey is known to cause liver damage and its
chemicals are known to cause cancer when used either internally as in a
tea or externally on the skin through absorption.  Sounds like reason
enough to avoid comfrey.

Grania