HERB - lavender

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 1 07:29:28 PDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Roberta R Comstock <froggestow at juno.com>
To: <herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: HERB - lavender

> I haven't had any success with lavender or thyme or potted bay laurel.
> :=(
>
> I do have a start of potted rosemary that had lasted for several weeks.
> :=)
Bay laural.  I first saw this plant on the coast of Spain.  It is a good
size tree.  I had sucess with it in the ground.  In sacramento.  I have not
tried it here.  If it were not for our cold winters it should do good here
with water, as the climate in spain is also desert. However We are above
4,000 feet here, and we are lower than of N. NV .  We found this not only
effect the temp. but the atmosphere is thinner.  OT (we found emu eggs
difficult to hatch because of the change in atmosphereic, O2 )  The
atmosphere may effect plants too. So much to consider.