HERB - translations of Agnus Castus?

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Jul 1 10:10:03 PDT 1999

Hiya,

Me again with the Agnus Castus obsession. *grin*

In my copius free time (i.e. as I'm laying in bed waiting for
my brain to shut off), I've been toying with the Agnus Castus
manuscript. I recently got a photocopy of a portion of it
from another list member (thanks again!) and then a couple
of weeks ago, a copy of the original dissertation from the
author arrived in my mailbox from Sweden (YEAH!).

I've tried looking through the Library of Congress and every
online bookstore I know of, but I can find no known copy of
the translation in modern English or any other modern language
for that matter. The reason I'm looking is because Middle English
is a pain in the pahtootee to read. I've actually started to
translate some of the entries into English, which is slow going.
But this seems to be my only way to get the entries into a
from that doesn't require flipping to the glossary for every
other word.

So I guess my 'long-shot' question is, does anyone know about
any other versions of the Agnus Castus than the dissertation
published by Grosta Brodin (Uppsala)? I seem to have exhausted
my accessible sources looking for it myself.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
gwalli at infoengine.com