HERB - Re: lavender

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 1 18:48:08 PDT 1999

No picture.
 I'll try to explain.
Tie them tightly with string just below their lowest flower.  Bend the green
and pliable stems back over the flower heads.  Tuck the end of the ribbon
into the fold (at the top of the stem).  and begin to weave over one stem
and under the next.  Continue weaving toward the bottom of the stem until
all of the flower heads are enclosed.  Wrap remaining ribbon around stems
and cover the loose ends with a small satin bow.  You should have about 13
or so stems.  Weave in and out like an basket weave.  Only the flower heads
are enclosed in the weave.  The hardest part is starting the weave.  just
make sure you tuck the end in far enough.  I find it helps to bring it out
on one side and bring the tail back on it self.  Sometimes a little stitch
helps to hold it.
You could work the other way I suppose as your instructions tell you.  but
either way the idea is to enclose the flowers.