HERB - A Happy Tonic

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Fri Jul 2 02:31:12 PDT 1999

A new friend of ours was telling me about some ways to help with depression.  I'd like to share one of the herbal tonics she suggested.  You buy one of the best white wines you can afford.  Place several healthy sprigs of rosemary into a clear glass bottle, then pour the wine
over the sprigs.  Let it sit in the sunshine for a few days.  The pour off the wine into a carafe and chill.  Take a hearty swig every day.  This should help drive away depression.  I don't know if this works, but it sure would make a nice additive to chicken soup or other
chicken dishes.  I use wine in all my cooking, it takes place of the salt (which we cook totally salt free)

Henri
Stargate, Ansteorra

PS.  I wish I could drink wine, I turn beet red and have problems breathing when I do.  Yet I can cook with it and everything's OK.  I used to be able to drink it a many years back in college without this problem.  I wish I could drink the stuff again.  I think its a genetic
thing as my sister has turned out the same over the past few years.