HERB - Henna shades

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 2 19:58:23 PDT 1999

I know of two types of hair treatment, aside from herbal tea, vinegar, and
beer rinses mentioned earlier. They are hot oil conditioning and
conditioning herbal packs.  Both are excellent for your hair and should
result in a noticeable improvement immediately.
To prepare herbal oil for the hot oil treatment, simmer one cup of the herb
in one pint of oil for about thirty minutes.   Strain.  the herb oil should
be used warm.  It  cools before you use it , or if you have stored leftovers
in the fridg. warm it gently before applying it to you scalp.
    To give yourself an herbal hot oil treatment, first shampoo you hair,
and leave it damp.
    Now section your hair and pin up separated locks.  Using cotton balls,
pat warm herbal oil all over you scalp.  When you entire scalp has been
treated with the warm oil wrap you head in a hot two. for half an hour.
    When thirty minutes are up, remove the towel and shampoo again.
    You can experiment with just about any herb that strikes you fancy for
these treatments, especially:  lavender, rosemary, oregano, nutmeg, mullein,
sage, nettle, clove, comfrey and burdock.
    As for oils you can used olive, almond, peanut , safflower walnut or
wheat germ oils.
    Conditioning packs are messier but worth it.  They nourish and pamper
you hair so that it will look healthy, rich and thick.
    these packs are mixtures of fruits, vegetables, and herbs combined to
make a thick paste,   The paste is applied to the hair and left for thirty
minutes to an hour and then washed out.
    Mash one-half avocado.  Simmer two teaspoons of rosemary in 1 fourth cup
of milk for a few minutes, the let cool with the cover on,  Strain out the
rosemary solids.
Mix the liquid with the  avocado and apply to hair.
  Or,  drop two large egg yolks into blender ,  with blender on slowly pour
one cup of olive oil (in which comfrey has been simmered);   when the oil is
all absorbed dribble in one tsp. apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbs. strong
nettle tea.
Steep two tbs. or rosemary in one cup of cold milk for three hours.  Strain
out rosemary solids .  Mix in one tbs. of honey and one whole egg.  Rub this
into hair thoroughly.  cover with plastic wrap.  and wait 1 hour before
shampooing
    Or, mash together one fourth cup pineapple three grapefruit segment
(with out the membranes), one tbs. lemon juice and one tsp. fennel tea wait
30 min. to shampoo.
    you can add the following to shampoo.  But you should make a fresh mix
each time you shampoo;  peppermint tea, parsley  tea or., a tea of crushed
nutmeg, and maidenhair fern with nettle.
    Don't feel you must stick rigidly to the formulas.  Experiment.  Try
just using herbal tea, as a rinse.
Be aware especially with tea rinses that if you are blond you should avoid
dark colored herbs.  Try a chamomile and or rhubarb root rinse instead.  Or
a lemon rinse.  Also if blond don't use any dark colored vinegars as rinses.
When I make a tea for bath or hair I make it as strong as I can.
    Some more herbs that are useful are lavender,  All spice, cinnamon
clover (these last three I make a tea of and use on my  very dark hair)