HERB - herbs - heeelp there's a monster

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 4 07:39:10 PDT 1999

I saw this mentioned several years ago in a gardening magazine.  I don't remember the solution.  At least I know I'm not imagining this problem.
Anyway, I have a parasite invading my herbs.  It looks like orange string.  It seems to have no root and does not seem to attach anywhere.  Two years ago it invaded my calendula.  Last winter we burned to try and get rid of it.  It worked in one bed but not the other.  It came back with the calendula.  I pulled the calendula and removed as much of the string that I could ( couldn't get every last piece).  Well that got rid of the calendula but now the string is in my tarragon.  I have sage in the same bed and garlic and onion chives.  I notice it doesn't bother them.   It burning does not work I don't know what to do.  I'm upset about my tarragon.  This stuff is like something out of a psy-fi horror film.  It is not of this world.  No, there is nothing green about this, it's orange string.  Really I'm not making this up.