HERB - Parkinson's "Paradisi in Sole"

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri Jul 9 12:46:55 PDT 1999

You know, I was thinking. About how often do common schmoe's like
us actually have an opportunity to bid on something cool like this?
Realisticly? For that matter, how often do we get to even touch
a book like this?

There's a lot of discussion that goes on among the members of
the Universitas (SCA research) list about how the everyday
person, not just the licensed conservator, museum expert,
or famous scholar can get access to things like this. I'd be
curious to know how many people on the list have actually
had the opportunity to sit down right in front of one of the
books for which we all drool copiously? Has anyone tried and
succeeded? Tried and failed?

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba

PS> Hertha, I'd be interested in getting a copy of the book, even
if it was only the Dover edition. What's the difference between
the 1991 edition and the 1975/6 edition? All I can find is that
the 75/6 edition is a complete unabridged reprint. No word on
the 91 edition though. 91 is a facsimile copy, no?