Fw: HERB - potpourri

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 12 08:30:49 PDT 1999

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Drisana Amineh Ayieshia wrote:
> I do not know how period this would be but wouldn't they do like we do and
> keep a pot on the fire with herbs and spices in it??  I like to use apple
> pie spice when i am cleaning and then also have used star anise, nutmeg
> cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice..when they get old they go into the potpourri
> jar to use...

I can't recall any documentation for the simmering-type francgrance use,
but I may have forgotten something. The documentation I have is mostly for
using dried herbs and seeds (Nutmeg, etc) as incense, esp. when placed on
a hot flatiron or rock. (I've done this with small cast iron saucepans
after I';ve dried them -- the pans- on the stove and they are still hot).

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"