Fw: HERB - potpourri

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 12 11:55:41 PDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Jenne Heise <jenne at tulgey.browser.net>
To: <herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 1999 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: HERB - potpourri
Yes, Yes, benzoin is excellent.  That was one I was trying to think of.
I'm not sure about the chemical reaction.  I know the prupose it to hold the
sent.  Some thing like benzoin and orris root do it better than others.
There may be some chemical reaction in these more effective fixatives.  I
choose orris root because it is among the best , I'm not allergic to it, and
it is the easiest for me to get.  If I developed an allergy I'd probably
look for benzoin or sweet flag.  Your assumption makes sense.