Fw: HERB - potpourri

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 12 07:30:28 PDT 1999

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Roberta R Comstock wrote:
> Your recipe looks to me like what a potpourri Should be like.  I've never
> been much interested in the dry ones, especially since they have been
> sold in  so many places with vast quatities of essential oils added.
> (Not good for asthmatics).
>
> Hertha

That's an important point. Hertha, is the essential oils that are the
problem, or the dryness of the potpourri? (Please, please don't buy
pre-made potpourri from a cheap source-- it'll be wood shavings with dye,
a couple of dried flowers, and fragrance oils.) Dry potpourri would
certainly contribute to the 'tiny-little-pieces-of-junk-floating-in-air'
problem for asthmatics. Moist potpourri would seem like a an alternative
but if the trouble is essential oils, not fragrance oils, one would have
to know what to beware of.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a moist potpourri recipe from period!
*sigh*

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"